Pages

Friday 18 October 2013

End of the first day


Walt: write a narrative.

On the first day of sports camp everyone packed their bags. We boarded the bus and took our seats. The engine roared very loudly then moved. The bus was zooming through the motorway like a Bugatti. We arrived there in only 10 second. The bus stopped very fast and everyone including the teachers knocked their heads on the opposite side of the seats. We walked out rubbing our heads. I got out of the bus and fell on the ground and thanked  the lord that the ride was finished. I grabbed my bags and ran to my amazing two story house. I got my stuff ready and went  to my first activity.

Kayaking was my first activity. I was very excited that I climbed a tree and jumped off. Then I walked to the river. When I just got there it was already my turn. I looked at the kayak, it looked old. I didn’t care if it was old I just jumped into the kayak. I grabbed the paddle and took off. When I first took off I heard a cracking sound in my boat. I thought I was going to die because the water was deep like the Mariana Trench. I was panicking. But I didn’t remember that I had a life jacket on. So instead I tried to paddle to the end but something else happened. As I was paddling it didn’t look like my boat was moving. I stopped and looked at my paddle. Both of the ends had disappeared. I could do  nothing  but use my hands.

As I paddled with my hands I came across long box. I opened the box and looked inside. It had a paddle with two ends and some duct tape. At first I put the duct tape on the crack and put the water back in the river. Then kept on going. I saw the finish line. I paddled as fast as I could. I passed the finish line with relief. I got out of the boat and ran to my friends. I said to myself to get a better kayak next time. I went to my two story house got changed and went outside to watch the next activity.

The theme of the story is take a kayak that doesn't look old.


0 comments:

Post a Comment