Pages

Friday 9 August 2013

Prevention is better than cure


Walt: respond to the presentation given by the public health dept.

On 6 August Glen Innes had nurses and a few  league players from the Vodafone Warriors present at a special assembly. I learnt that to always tell someone that if I have something wrong with my skin or my throat. If I have a sore throat I will get  a nurse or Elizabeth to do a swab.  

One of the Warriors Sione had a swab test. He was too scared to open his mouth. Sione’s mates told us to say ahh so that Sione could open his mouth. It was very simple. An old Warriors player Awen Guttenbeil talked  about  living with rheumatic fever. He had  injections from doctors. When he had this fever he didn’t tell his parents. He didn’t want to miss out on his sports. The next morning when he woke up he felt  paralyzed. He pulled himself  up to get to his parents. They quickly took him to the doctor.

The next time I have a sore throat I won’t keep it away from my parents.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi chase i liked your writing about your sore throat. Did you have a sore throat before?

Post a Comment