Pages

Friday 2 August 2013

My Dads Raw Fish


Walt: retell the story.

Every Friday after work dad would go out fishing to make raw fish. He would catch enough fish for a feed. Dad wouldn’t mind if I could pick out the lime. But mum will. The worst job is scaling and gutting the fish. I would get my little brothers to do the job because they're younger than me. When that is done dad cuts the fish into pieces.

First dad puts the pieces of fish into a bowl. He adds tomatoes, spring onions, salt, lime and coconut cream. He mixes it together.

Next dad leaves the bones in the raw fish. He leaves the bones so that they don’t eat it very quickly. He doesn't add lemon in the raw fish because lemon is too sweet. He adds lime because it is tangier.   

Then finally the raw fish is finish. We have raw fish for dinner. In the Cook island the traditional way in the old days is that older picks first. Now Dad has been made the raw fish maker.

0 comments:

Post a Comment