Pages

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Dental Presentation

mrs wallbridge.pngThe 5th of June a dental technician came to Glen Innes School. I was very interested in how she helps pacific islanders take care  of their teeth. My class had a lot of questions that she answered and some of those questions that she answered had information that I didn’t know.


I learnt that we shouldn’t brush our teeth with hard toothbrushes because if we brush hard we will rip our gums. She taught us how to brush our teeth properly. She showed us pictures of people with healthy teeth and unhealthy teeth. I thought smoking wouldn’t do anything to your mouth. I thought it could only affect their teeth but the picture that she showed us was horrible.

Now I know how we get bacteria. We get bacteria from our parents when they blow on our food. This is mainly for babies. I will practise my brushing so I can brush properly and flossing so I can learn how to floss like she told us. I thought that floss was the only thing to clean between your teeth but you can use other strings.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Chase,
I learn't many facts about teeth on the dental presentation. The picture of the lady that smoked was horrible. When I looked at that picture, I said to myself that I would never smoke in my life. When Mrs Wallbridge came to our school, did you enjoy learning those facts? You should also check your sentence "I will practise my brushing" because that sentence does not make sense to me when you said properly and flossing. If you don't understand, just read the sentence.

Post a Comment